According to scout.com, cornerback Steven Clarke of Lauderdale Lakes, Fla., has committed to the Commodores. He's 5-foot-10, 180 pounds and runs a 4.45 40. He's flying under the radar, just like the other recruits who've committed since the season went south. He's got two stars from Rivals and apparently hasn't yet been rated by ESPN or Scout.com, but he does have an offer from Miami.
Here's the breakdown by position so far for our verbal commitments:
• Cornerbacks (3): Clarke, Karl Butler, Andre Hal
• Safeties (3): Sharrod Golightly, Kenneth Ladler, Andre Simmons
• Defensive tackles (3): Jared Morse, Vince Taylor, Kyle Woestmann
• Defensive ends (2): James Kittredge, Thomas Ryan
• Linebackers (2): Chase Garnham, Blake Gowder
• Offensive line (4): Chase White, Logan Stewart, Grant Ramsay, Andrew Bridges
• Receivers (4): Chris Boyd, Trent Pruitt, Jonathan Krause, Jordan Matthews
• Quarterbacks (2): Jordan Rodgers (JUCO), Nash Nance
• Running back (1): Jerrell Priester
These positions are just projections, of course. Bridges could go straight to defensive end. Kittredge could bulk up and play defensive tackle. Gowder could be a killer fullback and receiving threat out of the backfield. Priester could play cornerback or even learn to play receiver. Garnham can fly and could play right away at safety. And some fans have fantasized about the 270-pound Taylor playing linebacker.