***UPDATE: So you wanted scores to go along with our game predictions. Not a problem. We can make ups some scores. DKH***
I’ve picked us to win six regular season games in each of the last three years. This looked brilliant in 2008, and utterly stupid in 2009 and 2010. Not gonna do it again this year.
I think we win four or five games this season. The best we could do is seven, the worst is the all-too-familiar two victories.
Let’s go with five. Here's how:
• Elon: WIN 31-10. A workman-like victory over the Phoenix.
• UConn: WIN 24-23. A hard-hitting game similar to last year’s Northwestern opener except we win.
• Ole Miss: LOSE 21-17. Most Vandy fans have already chalked this one up as a victory, but the Rebels still have more overall talent, especially on the lines, and we may drop this one.
• At South Carolina: LOSE 31-21. Pretty close, but the Gamecocks have too many playmakers.
• At Alabama: LOSE 31-3. We have trouble moving the ball as can be expected against the Tide D.
• Georgia: LOSE 24-10. We usually play the Dawgs close at home and this year’s no exception, but they have too many athletes in the end, especially on the defensive line.
• Army: WIN 27-17. A fun game and a solid win, especially after a string of demoralizing conference losses.
• Arkansas: LOSE 34-17. The Razorbacks are too loaded.
• At Florida: LOSE 26-10. We had our chance last season and got smoked. Expect the Gators to be much improved this season.
• Kentucky: WIN 28-24. A rare and encouraging late-season victory.
• At Tennessee: LOSE 17-14. As much as we like to think the Vols have slipped to our level, they still have lots of talent and will be tough to beat in Knoxville.
• At Wake Forest: WIN 31-25. This will be tougher than you think. Let’s say we squeak this one out.