Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's game day! Here's an inspirational quote


OK, so we're supposed to beat the Western Carolina Catamounts or whatever they are by a ton of points. I think we will.

As you watch games on television and prepare to follow Vandy's game tonight, I wanted to leave you with this quote from John Sisk, the Commodore strength coach:

"It has always been the perception that if you get to the fourth quarter, Vanderbilt is going to quit. My whole philosophy since I've been here is that is when we are going to work to get stronger. Everybody thinks they are going to get us in the fourth quarter because we are going to fold. My mentality is that this isn't the same old Vanderbilt, and you have to get past that. To get past it you've got to mentally train them, they have to buy into it, and they have to know that we have another gear."

You can read more from Sisk on the official VU site.

Happy opening Saturday!

No comments: