Thursday, October 15, 2009

Here's another week of hot Moral Victory! SEC picks

OK, so we whiffed big on Georgia-Tennessee. That would have been our only loss this week if not for the horrible picking call against Vanderbilt and the horrible illegal forward pass call against Miss State.

Still, we're 41-8, or 83.7 percent. That's one game better than Chris Low, who says he gets a limo ride to Georgia-Florida if he's over 80 percent that week. What do we get? A pat on the back. Maybe.

Anyway, this week I'm itching to pick some upsets, namely Vandy over Georgia and MTSU over Miss State, and if Bama were playing in Columbia I'd be tempted to pick the Gamecocks.

Alas, I don't believe any of that will happen. In fact, I think MTSU has a better chance of beating Miss State than Vandy does of beating Georgia. Sorry. If Vandy can score a pair of offensive touchdowns in a loss I'll be thrilled. Don't tell me I don't love my team; just call me realistic.

Anyway, here are our picks for this week:

South Carolina at Alabama: This could be a real slobberknocker. Call it Crimson Tide 17-9.

Arkansas at Florida: The Razorback offense is better than LSU's but its D is full of holes. And the Gator D will be frying up some bacon. Gators 28-14.

Georgia at Vanderbilt: Right now, Bulldog fans are patronizing us Peach State Vandy fans. To which we say, "Shut up, you're going to win." The Dawgs defense is porous, but very athletic. For them, the Commodore offense will be just what the doctor ordered. Bulldogs 19-7.

Kentucky at Auburn: Let's see, very good offense against injury-wracked defense, and injury-wracked offense against pretty bad defense. Very good offense will prevail. Tigers 27-17.

UAB at Ole Miss: OK, Jevan, you can stop blogging about how all those mean Rebel fans need to cut you some slack. At least until next week. Rebels 34-13.

Miss State at MTSU: Murfreesboro — not a place where an SEC coach wants to travel. Or anybody. But the Bulldogs should prevail. Bulldogs 24-17.

2 comments:

Greg M said...

It appears from the lack of comments that Bobby's offense has once again crushed our spirits so htat we don't care any more. I am going up to watch us lose this weekend, notice I said lose, not get beat. Kids have fall break and like to the indoor heated pool where we stay. ANd yes, I am going to bet against us wiht some of my GA friends so when we lose I at least make some money on it.

DIMON KENDRICK-HOLMES said...

Hope you have a good trip. Either you'll make money or see an improbable VU victory so that's a win-win.