Friday, October 10, 2008

STARKVILLE-BOUND

Headed to Starkville this weekend.

No, I'm not going to say anything bad about the place. Nor would I have anything. After all, I was raised in rural Alabama.


A couple years ago, Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution was covering the Georgia-Miss State game and thought it'd be cool to write a column trashing Starkville. Something about the airport being small compared to Atlanta's. He got crushed by everybody. State fans, Georgia fans, people who hate Miss State, his own mother, people from Russia. Everybody.


I'm looking forward to the trip. Miss State actually has somebody in charge of campus tailgating so I sent him an e-mail with some questions. Very nice gentleman. Bottom line, you can pretty much light a fire anywhere you want and cook whatever you want to. Just dispose of your charcoal in a responsible manner.


Anyway, I'll let you know what the scene's like. But again, I'm from rural Alabama, so you know I'm gonna love it.


Before I hit the road, I'll preview the game and make a prediction, so check back this evening or tomorrow morning for that. In my preseason picks, I did go with the Commodores in this one, and I've stuck with my preseason picks so far (beat Mia-O, Rice, Ole Miss and lose to South Carolina and Auburn). I won't have a live update during the game but will provide some analysis on Sunday.


Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

lsmsrbls said...

Starkville's a great place to tailgate (of course, I come from a Mississippi State family, so my view is a bit one-sided). I hope everyone treats you well down there!

DIMON KENDRICK-HOLMES said...

Thanks. I've got the truck loaded and ready to go!