UPDATE AT 4:38 FIRST QUARTER
Player of the game: Steven Stone gets a sack, stuffs a runner and puts pressure on quarterback.
Play of the game: Duke holder gets hit in the head on a field goal attempt that never happened.
DUKE FIRST DRIVE
• Duke burns up a timeout and loses its challenge disputing a third-down spot.
VANDERBILT FIRST DRIVE
• Dores have poor field position starting out; 1st and 10 on our 15.
• We pitch the ball to Sean Walker. How ’bout let's just line up and run the ball down these guys' throats?
• Now Adams runs the ball and picks up a yard or so. Third and 7 at the 18.
• Adams throws into double coverage and gets picked. Horrible, horrible decision. Do we have to start every single stinking game in a hole?
DUKE SECOND DRIVE
Duke now has it 2nd and 4 on the 29.
• Big sack by Steven Stone on Duke's Thaddeus Lewis. We haven't had a sack in a long time.
• Whoa Nellie, they're kicking a long, long field goal. But the ball hits the holder in the helmet and the Dores have it 1st and 10 on the D39. We get some breaks.
VANDERBILT SECOND DRIVE
• Both teams look shaky. Hey, we hand off to Hawkins. Great idea! He gets three yards.
• Adams had some running room but got tripped up short of the first down. Duke has a scrappy defense. Third and 1.
• DJ's in the game as a receiver. Now Adams is sacked. Who are we playing, Georgia? Oh, I forgot, it's not in our game plan to score in the first quarter.
DUKE THIRD DRIVE
• Upson boots the Devils back to their 10. That dude is great.
• But Duke's freshman running back breaks a tackle and goes 24 yards for the game's first first down.
• Nice stop on the run up the middle; third and one and the backup quarterback picks up the first down.
• 3rd and 2, the quarterback throws the ball out of bounds. We're putting pressure on him. Steven Stone came to play. 4:38.