COMMODORES FIRST DRIVE
• Jared picks up five.
• Jared picks up two. Second and three. Yeah, let's establish the run.
• Graham takes the pitch and picks up the first down. We were 1 for 7 on third down in the first half. We need a touchdown here bad.
• 1st & 10 on the VU 42. Hawkins gets a couple. Our offensive line not looking very good.
• 2nd & 8 on the VU 44. Adams to Barden to the D49.
• 3rd & 1.5 yards. Are we exact or what? Hawkins didn't get it. We stink. We've got to move the ball.
DUKE FIRST DRIVE
• Eight yard pass. We can't tackle.
• 2nd & 2. Tailback gets the first down at the 25. We can't tackle.
• 1st & 10. 10:10 left in the game. Duke back on the move. Quick pass and another first down. We can't tackle.
• Tailback gets a seven yard gain. This is what happens when your offense doesn't take care of business and keeps giving the ball back to the defense. This is Starkville all over again.
• 3rd & 1 and again, we can't tackle.
• QB sneak. First down. Of course. Cutcliffe is taking Bobby Johnson and his staff to school.
VANDERBILT SECOND DRIVE
• Graham fumbles a punt with 6:59 left in the third quarter. There goes the season.
DUKE SECOND DRIVE
• Our defense is really swarming. Giving up seven points through three quarters is pretty good. Not scoring any points is not.
• Third down. Lewis sacked and fumbles but recovers it — sans helmet.
• Field goal is good. 10-0. We've got to score here. But don't try so hard to make something happen that you can't hold onto the ball (Jamie Graham).