Here are my predictions for the SEC. The game of the year will be Florida vs. Georgia in Jacksonville. I think the winner of that game will beat Auburn in Atlanta and go to the national championship game.
1. Auburn: 10-2 (7-1). Tigers go to Atlanta. Big victory at home over Georgia, losses on road to West Virginia and Bama.
2. Alabama: 9-3 (6-2). Big year. Saban poised for national championship run in ’09. Huge wins over LSU and Auburn.
3. LSU: 7-5 (3-5). A tough schedule and a new QB get the best of the defending national champs.
4. Ole Miss: 5-7 (2-6). Nutt and the Rebels will scare plenty of teams. Remember his first year at Arkansas? And yes, he beats the Razorbacks in Fayetteville.
5. Arkansas: 4-8 (1-7). Razorbacks invest in the future and play a ton of true freshmen.
6. Miss State: 4-8 (1-7). The ball doesn't bounce the Bulldogs' way this year.
1. Florida: 12-0 (8-0). Look out. This team is loaded with burners and knows what it takes to be champs.
2. Georgia: 10-2 (6-2). This team is loaded, too. The schedule though is brutal. This will be a better team that last year's LSU 2-loss champs, but Dawgs won't get the same opportunities.
3. S Carolina: 9-3 (6-2). Gamecocks play their toughest opponents at home. But no, they don't beat Georgia in Columbia.
4. Tennessee: 8-4 (4-4). The toughest 8-4 team in America. And with some breaks, the Vols could end up in the BCS.
5. Vanderbilt: 6-6 (3-5). OK, OK. I've gotta go with my team.
6. Kentucky: 4-8 (1-7). Cats lose a ton of weapons. I say they drop past the Dores.