Sunday, September 28, 2008

'VANDERBILT' AND 'BOWL' IN THE SAME SENTENCE?

So I called the Vanderbilt ticket office this week to check on things. No surprise: All the home SEC games sold out, plenty of tickets left for the Duke game.

I was about to hang up but then I just had to ask:

What about bowl tickets? I mean, if Vanderbilt does happen to go to a bowl game this year and all that?

I felt embarrassed to have even asked such a thing. And my ticket representative appeared a bit startled by the question. Then she hollered out to another ticket representative who told her that if the Commodores do get a bowl bid then the tickets would first be offered to the National Commodore Club.

Let's put it this way: If Vanderbilt does go bowling, I think you'll be able to get a ticket if you want to pay for one, even if every single Commodore ticket holder and booster buys tickets. Vanderbilt's stadium seats far less than any bowl stadium in which the Commodores would be playing.

No comments: