Up till now, the home team portion of the scoreboard at Dudley Field hasn't seen this kind of action in an SEC game this year: 13 points.
Yes, in three SEC home games this year, Vandy has scored a total of 6 points (3 against MSU and UGA and zero against Miss).
Our one touchdown came off a beautiful juggling grab by John Cole, a Bluegrass son who you've probably heard was snubbed by the Wildcats. It was set up by Myron Lewis' pick of a Newton pass tipped by T.J. Greenstone.
Here are the highs and lows from the 13-10 halftime score:
• Nice picks by Lewis and Eddie Foster.
• We're getting Warren Norman and Zac Stacy involved in the passing game.
• Outside of a Locke pass for 41 yards, the Cats' three other passers are 3-11 for 13 yards.
• We've outgained the Cats, 178-174.
• Ryan Fowler has booted field goals of 42 and 47 yards.
• We're losing defenders left and right. Casey Hayward and Patrick Benoist are in the locker room with concussions.
• Horrible opening drive with two of our three penalties and a sack that pinned us deep in our own territory.