After Vandy's respectable showing in Columbia on Saturday, we've moved them back to No. 12 — after banishing them to No. 13 last week.
Here's the rest of the power ratings for this week:
1. Alabama: 8-0 (5-0). After a torrid start, Bama is just winning. The bye before the LSU game gives them time to get some questions answered.
2. Florida: 7-0 (5-0). The Gators have a ferocious defense but are struggling on offense. Georgia will have the best offense the Gators have faced this season, but Urban Meyer has a way of taking Mark Richt to school.
3. LSU: 6-1 (4-1). The most solid team in the SEC behind Alabama and Florida, and if they take care of business the Bayou Bengals will get another shot at Florida and a ticket to the national championship game.
4. Georgia: 4-3 (3-2). Two losses to Top 10 teams and another loss to the team that just lost to Alabama by two points. A win over the Gators on Saturday and the Bulldogs are back in business.
5. South Carolina: 6-2 (3-2). Everybody knows the Gamecocks defense is big-time, but the offense is also discovering lots of new weapons.
6. Tennessee: 3-4 (2-3). And you thought Vanderbilt was the only team in the state that collected moral victories. The Vols held their own against the nation's top two teams and put a licking on Georgia. But they're still in a fight for a winning season and bowl eligibility.
7. Ole Miss: 5-2 (2-2). The Rebels stepped up with a must-win victory on Saturday over a hot Arkansas team. A win in Auburn would boost them into the SEC's top half.
8. Arkansas: 3-4 (1-4). The Razorbacks have faced a murderous conference schedule, with losses to both Alabama and Florida. They'll reach .500 this week after a romp over Eastern Michigan.
9. Kentucky: 4-3 (1-3). With one more cream puff non-conference game later this season, the Wildcats can ensure bowl eligibility with a victory over Miss State. It'll be a struggle, but the Cats are capable.
10. Auburn: 5-3 (2-3). The Tigers are slipping and meet an Ole Miss team that seems to be finally getting on track. With a game over Furman still on the schedule and bowl eligibility a slam dunk, Auburn is competing not to go to Shreveport.
11. Miss State: 3-5 (1-3). Any conference win is a big deal for Dan Mullen right now, but it'll be easier said than done this weekend in Lexington.
12. Vanderbilt: 2-6 (0-5): Vandy is playing for pride right now. The Commodores just wish they didn't have to play for pride against red-hot Georgia Tech.