Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Myron Lewis boosts his stock at NFL draft combine


Chris Low points out this morning that Myron Lewis ran a 4.45 40 in the combine. How important was that? Very. Remember what happened to D.J. Moore's stock last year when he clocked in at just under 4.6.

Up to that point, D.J.'s weakness was that he was just under 5-foot-9, and he was being projected as a late first-rounder. But then his speed became another weakness, and he fell to the middle of the fourth round.

Up to this point, Myron's strength was his size, at 6-foot-2 and over 200 pounds, and he was projected as a third or fourth rounder. Now his speed has become another strength, and you could start seeing him cracking into some first round projections.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

However that was his unofficial time. On NFL.com he is not listed as a top performer in the 40 yd dash for CB; a 4.45 would put him in as a top performer. I'm guessing his official time was a little slower as Taylor Mays was unofficially timed at 4.24 but it was really a 4.43. I can't seem to find Myron Lewis Official time on NFL.com

'Bilt said...

I love Myron and hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't think he is aggressive enough to play for very long in the NFL.

Aaron said...

To add to my prior comment, His official time was a 4.48, which for his size is real impressive. He is definitely moving up in the draft but I think a first rounder is a stretch.

DIMON KENDRICK-HOLMES said...

I think it's a stretch too but I bet his name start showing up in the first round of some mock drafts and the so-called experts at least start mentioning his name again as a sleeper.